Conferences and Festivals produce a lot of waste. The Embolden Green Team are helping us to minimise waste and the harm our event does to the Planet. Please check our strategies below and if you have any suggestions for us please reach out.
- Promotional materials: mostly online, no plastic film on hard copy materials
- Program: abstracts and bios will be shared online and the program will be summarised onto a one page document and a small number printed in black and white on recycled paper
- Lanyards: bamboo lanyards will be collected after the event for reuse. Name tags are cardboard and plastic sleeves will not be used
- Coffee and tea: ceramic cups
- Drink bottles: we ask delegates to bring their own
- Satchels: not provided
- Disposable cutlery: the catering company will provide biodegradable cutlery
- Food waste: any surplus food will be offered to local groups
- Banner: printed with logo only for annual use.
Embolden2023 is an initiative of Celebrate Ageing Ltd and we are pleased to announce Elder Rights Advocacy as our Principal Partner. Other partners include the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care, Older Person's Advocacy Network (OPAN), Australian Association of Gerontology, ADA Australia, The Older Women's Network NSW, QueerSpace Drummond St and Council on the Ageing.